Two Feet Back
A painfully honest, inspiring memoir of a man whose broken back taught him to stand in his truth. One moment, Grant Korgan had everything he’d ever wanted—a successful career, a new marriage to the love of his life, and an athletic body that enabled his constant pursuit of world-class adventure sports. The next, he found himself lying in the snow, with no feeling or movement below his belly button. But this is not a book about the paralyzing grip of a spinal cord injury, or the struggle to walk again. Rather, Grant’s story of survival, unbound love, endless gratitude, and the limitless power of unwavering positivity is one that applies to us all. It’s about living big, remembering and finding the greatness that lies within all of us, and living the highest version of yourself regardless of your circumstances. Determined not to change a single goal of the past, the Korgans embarked on an unconventional, activity-based recovery plan that bucked the prognosis that Grant’s long-cherished independence was gone forever. Two Feet Back is Grant’s account of this incredible first year of recovery, the Korg 3.0 Movement it inspired, and how the path to getting back on his own two feet back gave him a lot more than he bargained for.
About the Author
Grant Korgan grew up in the Reno/Tahoe area, was a research project leader in the field of micro-and nanotechnology, and a professional snowmobile rider and whitewater kayaker by weekend, until March 5, 2010, when he sustained an injury to his first lumbar vertebra while filming a day of snowmobiling in the Sierra backcountry. Since then, he has been constantly working toward his eventual goal of 120-percent recovery, training daily as part of a rigorous, activity-based recovery plan, of which his wife, Shawna, is an integral part. Grant now speaks publicly about his experiences, to pay forward his amazing recovery. Critical to this recovery are his Three Points of Possibility™: Decide What you Want, Focus on What is Working, and Choose Positivity Through Adversity, the foundation of the Korg Movement (www.korgmovement.com). Grant believes that when all people shed the weight of their own limitations, everything becomes possible. By simply standing in his truth, Grant aims to empower the world with the idea that everyone can remember to live the highest version of themselves, and that people can choose everyday to live their limitless potential. Grant and Shawna Korgan live in Reno, Nevada. Two Feet Back, the story of Korgan’s injury and first year of recovery, published by Lucky Bat Books, is Grant Korgan’s first book.
What People are Saying
– “A Gripping and Truly Inspirational Read”
– “This book will inspire you to tackle every obstacle in your life with positivity. Really an amazing story of recovery and unyielding determination to succeed.”
– “A Must Read for Everyone!”
– “This book should be a must read for every one. It has so much to say about life and love and how to face our challenges of living life every day.”
– “A Timeless Inspiration”
– “Grant Korgan delivers! The message of this book is universal and Grant portrays a clear description how powerful the art of positivity can be. It is a moving story and you will find yourself traveling along a roller-coaster of emotions, and when you arrive at the end, you will look back and find a better version of yourself standing in your place! Thank you!!!!!”
– “Truly inspiring” Love this book and I recommend it to everyone I talk to. Very we’ll written. I cried a lot reading this book mostly for Grant’s wife Shawna. What wonderful couple. So blessed to have one another.~ Crystal Gibbons
– “A great spinal cord injury book!” I have a spinal cord injury and found this book extremely inspiring. It’s helping me give up the wheelchair and move forward. Thanks, Grant! ~ Chip Battoe
– “Easy read, inspiring and humbling” This book was so good I couldn’t put it down. Grant takes you through his journey, and while doing so, he subtly inspires. Grant and Shawna are amazing people, and they have been through so much… most importantly: together. This book had me laughing, crying and implementing the “possibility through positivity” in my own life. I was so inspired by Grant and Shawna that my husband and I started a non-profit group to help others and we put up a dream board- that actually does work! The journey they share in this book is incredible, and anything is possible, if you put your mind in the right place, everything else will follow. At the end of the book I wanted to read more, I didn’t want the story to end! Can’t say enough good things about the humbling experience this was for me to read. ~ Monica P.
– “Grant has determination and a big, big heart” When you feel life is tough, take the time to read this book. Grant puts the struggles of life in perspective. His drive and positivity are an inspiration. You are a courage man and a leader Grant!!” ~ Elizabeth Cavasso
– “A Gripping and Truly Inspirational Read” After watching Grant Korgan’s amazing speech at TEDx ([…]), I knew I just had to read his book. He is an part athlete and part philosopher. I found that reading about his approach to recovery from a spinal chord injury was lyrical and applicable to my own life. Grant inspires the reader to take a good look at what they want out of life, and use positive energy and determination to get exactly that. I am in awe of the love between Grant and Shawna. After reading this book, I felt like I knew them both personally. Great job, Grant, and I can’t wait until you achieve 120 percent recovery! ~ Lynette Bellin
– “One of the best books I have read” Grant and Shawna are such a great inspiration! I learned alot reading this book and learned alot about myself! I wouldn’t be surprised if he writes another great book, his journey has only just begun! ~ Patricia McMullen